Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tempe Automotive Locksmith

The night on mill is coming to a close and last call has already passed, so it’s time to hit the road. The designated driver rounds up all of his responsibilities and head to the car. When everyone reaches the vehicle the driver realizes that he has no idea of where his car keys are. The group tries to retrace their steps of the night with no reward.

The keys are nowhere to be found and its 3am, after a little pondering one of the girls in the group suggests calling an emergency locksmith. The driver is skeptical at first because he’s driving a 2002 Honda Civic equipped with a transponder key system. The driver decides that he might as well give it a try, so he calls Tempe’s locksmith for some much needed assistance. I arrive in less than thirty minutes to find five ASU students in despair. I introduce myself and the possible solutions that I have for them. They were ecstatic to hear that I would have them driving home in less than an hour. I begin every service with explaining what steps I’m going to take, to make the key and get them back on the road.

After a short conversation I begin the key by, opening up the Honda Civic and removing the passenger’s side door panel. Once the door panel is removed I’ll have access to the lock assembly which I can manually decode each wafer to get six of the 8 necessary cuts for the key. After I have the partial cuts, I use the progression method to get the remaining two cuts. After I have the cuts and the proper order, I used my HPC punch machine to produce a key that is as accurate as the original. Once I try the key in all of the locks in the vehicle for quality and accuracy, it’s time to program the key.

Programming of a transponder car key is a balance between knowledge and equipment. As a locksmith technician is only a capable as his equipment and at the same time the equipment is only as capable as the user is knowledgeable. The Silca TKO is by far the most effective piece of programming equipment available in my opinion. I utilize it as much as possible, in this situation programming and replicating transponder keys is a breeze. The Honda in particular is a snap with this tool, on average these only take me about ten minutes to program. Where, an inferior system such as a discount one from China could take hours to troubleshoot.

In the grand scheme of things, critical thinking, experience and quality of equipment are the most important parts of this step. That is why many Tempe automotive locksmiths use the best equipment available. On that particular night the key was ready to go ten minutes later and college kids were on their way. As the next school semester for Arizona State University begins, situations such as this become more and more prevalent and the need for adequately trained automotive locksmiths increases substantially.

12 comments:

  1. Steve, I was googling Silica TKO and came across your blog. I just brought a TKO and the users manual is no good without the knowledge I don't have, I just got my Locksmith License. I would like to ask you a question. When the using the TKO and it sends a error message ECU disconnected. What does this indicate? What can I do to fix this error? Adding a RKE to a 1999 Cadillac Deville. Any help would be much appricated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a nice site... I like your discription.

    Another one OmegaLocksmith, which provides Commercial and Automatic Locksmith... http://www.omegalocksmith.com/

    Thanks for sharing with us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good read for me, interesting and very informative, I appreciate you work.
    Miami Locksmiths

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post,very impressive..!!Thanks for sharing this interesting information to us..!!There are many honest and expert locksmith in Tempe that offer good service to their customers..!They open the locks of the cars,houses and if the lock is more hi tech,the higher the price they ask from their customers..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A professional and good locksmith in Tempe guarantee complete service satisfaction to all their clients..!!Make sure that you hire a reliable locksmith in Tempe and nearby areas to save time and money.I had so much fun reading this interesting blog..!!Nice post..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a very informative blog,I am really glad that I went on this blog..!!Its really important that you choose to get the service of the reliable locksmith company to save time and money..!!Expert locksmith are able to create keys, craft a master key,make new keys,install locks and more..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Locksmith takes an important rule in your home,offices and cars..!!Real locksmith in Mesa can do so many tasks regarding your locksmiths concerns.!!You need to be smart enough in choosing a locksmith cos there are many who pretend to be professional even though they are not just to earn money..

    ReplyDelete
  8. its really a good news i really appreciate your efforts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for shared information



    Automotive

    locksmith in Chicago
    are licensed and focused on first class service

    and have access to the latest technology and equipment available on the market
    today.



    Chicago Locksmith

    Automotive Locksmith

    Car Keys

    Lost Car Keys

    Laser Cut Keys

    Transponder Keys

    Computer Chip Keys

    VATS Keys

    High Security / Dealer Only

    Motorcycle Keys

    Honda / Acura / Toyota / Lexus Immobilizer Reflashing (don't pay dealer prices!)

    Ignition / Door Lock Repair and Replacement

    Re-Key Entire Vehicle

    We'll come to you and GET THERE FAST

    Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year






    Omega Locksmith

    <p></p>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, just wanted to say nice blog! and check out the locksmith pros in Surprise if you need any lock and key services on the west side. Thanks
    Locksmith Surprise AZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this post its all information is really helpful for me and other users. related to locksmith services.

    Locksmith Canoga Park CA

    ReplyDelete